PAKISTAN ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN’S STUDIES – New Research Project
MAKING WOMEN OF PAKISTAN VISIBLE
In this month of Women’s History and to participate in the International Women’s Day celebrations, the Pakistan Association for Women’s Studies launches a new project titled MAKING WOMEN OF PAKISTAN VISIBLE
Following are our objectives
- To close the gender gap in historical studies by making women of Pakistan visible
- To create short biographies of women of Pakistan
- To recognise women’s contribution in the making of our lives
- To make connections between women of today and women of the past
What the participants have to do
- Write short biographical sketches of women who are forgotten and were/are leaders at the grassroots level in remote villages and small towns.
- Commemorate women who resisted oppression, violence, and injustices
- Commemorate women who are trendsetters and pathfinders
- Preserve memories of women who are known only through less known written sources, oral traditions, or archaeological finds and inscriptions
Who can participate
- All those who have a passion for women’s history
- All those who are interested in creating, sharing, and disseminating knowledge and information about women’s history.
- Set the title of your write-up under the known name of the woman whose biography you are submitting
- Word length should not be more than 1500 words
- In case, you have collected information from a local oral source, recognise this source
- Add a relevant picture. (The picture should be sent as a separate attachment)
- Proofread your write-up
- Check its plagiarism/similarity (we can also do this)
- Give the name of the author contact details (email, institutional affiliation, if any, job title)
- Email it to email@example.com under the subject women’s History
What we will do with the biographical sketches
- All submissions will be reviewed by a Committee of Subject Experts established for this purpose by the Pakistan Association for Women’s Studies
- If experts recommend any changes, these will be communicated to the authors
- The final draft will be approved by the reviewer
- From the submissions, three final biographical sketches will be serialised in each issue of Pakistan Journal of Women’s Studies: Alam-e-Niswan (ISSN: 1024-1256) and will also be uploaded on the Facebook page of Women’s History Network-Pakistan
- Later, Pakistan Women’s Studies Association will decide to publish all the biographical sketches at some appropriate time.
Starting date: March 2021
This is a going project.
Payment for authors
This is a voluntary project with no payments for authorship.
All submissions will be under the copyright of the Pakistan Association for Women’s Studies.